WHAT IS A MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD AND HOW DO I GET ONE?
Once your doctor has registered you with the Florida Medical Marijuana Use Registry, Medical Marijuana Card. You will receive an email with a link to fill out the application on the Office of Medical Marijuana Use website. Your application will be reviewed and when approved you will receive an approval email which allows you to visit a dispensary. The Medical Marijuana ID Card will be sent to you through the mail. You do not have to wait for the ID card to visit a dispensary. Be sure to have your drivers license on hand.
Typically the state will approve your application within 24 – 48 hours. If there are issues with your application, or you are not a permanent resident, it may take up to 3 to 5 business days for your application to be approved. There is a $75 annual application fee.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET A MEDICAL MARIJUANA RECOMMENDATION?
DOES MY CONDITION QUALIFY?
DO I HAVE TO BE 18 IN ORDER TO OBTAIN AN EVALUATION?
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS FOR A CAREGIVER OF A MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENT?
- A caregiver must be 21 years old and complete a caregiver certification course which costs up to $100. The caregiver must pass a background check if he or she is not a close relative of the patient.
- The caregiver must be the patient’s legal guardian or have a medical power of attorney.
- No more than one caregiver may be designated for each patient, unless that patient is a minor.
- Only one patient can be assigned to one caregiver.
- A caregiver may be employed through hospice.
The caregiver will be registered along with the patient in the Medical Marijuana Use Registry and will receive an ID Card which must be presented with a photo ID when picking up or signing for a medical marijuana prescription.